Founder & Author: Lindsay Knox McVety
I love people. I love listening to people and trying to understand what they are feeling. I love hearing about their pasts and about their plans for their futures. Mostly, I enjoy hearing about their life, right now. I’m constantly faced with the following questions:
- Why are they thinking this way?
- What causes them to behave this way?
- Is this the best way to think?
- How could they think differently? (Should they think differently?)
These questions are addressed in the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) approach, which is my personal favorite. I also enjoy Mindfulness techniques as I feel that they challenge a person’s responsibility to their life, thoughts, and actions.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology: Crisis Counseling (Liberty University)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology: Christian Counseling (Liberty University)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology: Life Coaching (Liberty University)
- Currently working towards a Master of Arts in Professional Counseling (Liberty University)
- Future Studies include a Doctorate level degree in Psychology or Counseling
- Certified Christian Counselor – Evangelical Association
- Co-Founder of a Nicaragua based non-profit Feed the Five-Thousand
Contributing Author: Selena Young
Author of When Faith Meets Your Kids
I am a Christian, wife of 9 years to Joshua, mother of two boys Lincoln & Reagan and an artist who loves in depth conversations. I was born and raised in North Carolina. I was saved at the age of 8 and attend Hilltop Church in Fuquay-Varina NC where I am active in choir and special music. I graduated from Campbell University in 2004 with a degree in Graphic Design with proficiencies in art and photography. I love people and learning from them. I thrive on communication and in depth dialogue. If my stories or perspective on life could enlighten even one person it will have been worth it.
Click here for full bio!